The easiest way to download an image is to:
- Click on the image.
- Right-click on the image that comes up and choose "Save Image As".
- Choose a filename and location and press the Save button.
If you create a cool design with one of these images, feel free to post a comment showing your image or provide a link to it. Tips, tricks, techniques, and ideas for using images in designs are always welcome.
Here are some other places you can find free textures / images. Please note that some of these sites require you to provide attribution for the images that you use.
- Brenda Clarke on Flickr Volume 1
- Brenda Clarke on Flickr Volume 2
- Flickr Creative Commons
- IM Creator
- Jay Mantri
- Library of Congress - Please observe the Rights and Restrictions Information
- New Old Stock
- Public Domain Archive
- The Coffee Shop Blog
- Torley Collections
- Ultimate List of Free Photo Sites for Blogs and Social Media
- All images in the grid above are provided under a Creative Commons License.
- Credit is appreciated, but not required.
- These images are completely free and may be used in commercial or non-commercial applications.
- These images cannot be redistributed commercially in their unedited form and cannot be repackaged and resold without significant modifications to their appearance.