The easiest way to download an image is to:
- Click on the image.
- Right-click on the image that comes up and choose "Save Image As".
- Choose a filename and location and press the Save button.
If you create a cool design with one of these images, feel free to post a comment showing your image or provide a link to it. Tips, tricks, techniques, and ideas for using images in designs are always welcome.
Here are some other places you can find free textures / images. Please note that some of these sites require you to provide attribution for the images that you use.
- Backgrounds ETC
- Brenda Clarke on Flickr Volume 1
- Brenda Clarke on Flickr Volume 2
- Flickr Creative Commons
- Flickr Library of Congress
- IM Creator
- Jay Mantri
- Library of Congress - Please observe the Rights and Restrictions Information
- Negative Space
- New Old Stock
- Public Domain Archive
- State Library Victoria
- The Coffee Shop Blog
- Torley Collections
- Ultimate List of Free Photo Sites for Blogs and Social Media
If you are interested in free fonts, designs, and stock images, you may want to create an account at one of the following sites. Each of them gives away freebies fairly often.
- All images in the grid above are provided under a Creative Commons License.
- Credit is appreciated, but not required.
- These images are completely free and may be used in commercial or non-commercial applications.
- These images cannot be redistributed commercially in their unedited form and cannot be repackaged and resold without significant modifications to their appearance.